Unleashing the Power of Avocados: Guacamole Recipe
Welcome to our new journey into the vibrant world of Latin American cuisine on the UniMarket Recipes blog! Our first stop takes us to the heart of Mexico, with a staple dish beloved the world over—Guacamole.
Guacamole is more than just a dip; it's a celebration of the humble avocado, a fruit that encapsulates the essence of Latin America. So, let's get started!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 diced jalapeño* (optional)
- Begin by peeling and pitting the avocados. In a medium bowl, mash them with a fork or a potato masher, leaving them a bit chunky for texture
- Next, add the salt and the fresh lime juice. The lime is not only for taste, but it helps to slow the natural browning process of the avocado.
- Stir in the diced onions, chopped cilantro, diced Roma tomatoes, and minced garlic. If you're a fan of a little heat, you can also add the diced jalapeño. Remember, the magic of Latin American food lies in its ability to be tailored to your taste.
- Mix everything well, but be careful not to overdo it. You want your guacamole to have a bit of texture.
- Ideally, serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips or as a topping for any Latin dish. But if you need to wait, place the pit of the avocado in the bowl with the guacamole and cover it with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation.